The Big Tomato
- Use the alternate Character Creation rules from the Shadowrun 3rd Edition Companion.
- Starting characters have 150 build points to spend.
- No more than 10 points may be taken in Edges.
- Take as many Flaws as you want, but you only get up to 10 points for them.
- Starting Availability cap is 8.
- You will take a minimum of three free starting contacts.
- One contact shall be a fixer, to be determined by the GM. I am tired of trying to force everyone to admit they want to play.
- The other two contacts are at your discretion.
- No, Hung Out to Dry does not mean you have no contacts, it means they aren’t talking to you. Maybe that could be role-played later, hmm?
- Common Sense (the Edge) is free.
- We like the NSRCG. See Links for a download site.
- I printed up a set of cards containing special advantages; each player gets to draw one during character creation. The ‘freebies’ range from Edges (like Aptitude) to special contacts (ever wanted a dragon’s phone number?). See Links for the files.
- We are using the Enemies rules from the Shadowrun Companion (p. 68). I have added Edges to allow players to reduce their starting Enemy Rating.